[Python-modules-team] python-xlib_0.26-1_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Scott Kitterman debian at kitterman.com
Sun Mar 22 04:26:56 GMT 2020

On Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:14:20 PM EDT Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:02:27 PM EDT Andrej Shadura wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > but our team policy requires to use pristine-tar:
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/po
> > > li
> > > cy.rst
> > >
> > > please adjust, so that we can all use the same tools and procedures.
> >
> > I suggest we rather change the policy since at the moment this point
> > lacks any rationale and isn’t providing any benefit since the
> > pristine-tar data are only useful for minor updates of the package
> > (e.g. when the upstream source hasn’t changed) and pristine-tar is
> > known to be a huge hack and fail to provide correct tarballs,
> > especially when xz is used.
>
> When you joined the team, you agreed to follow the team policies.  Please do
> so.
>
> The way to get the policy changed is not to ignore it and then get
> aggressive when called on it.
>
> Personally, I use the pristine-tar branch routinely (I used it multiple
> times just yesterday) and I've never had a problem with it.  Personally,
> while I know it's a hack, it's a working hack.
>
> Please do as you've been asked and then we can have a nice conversation
> about if we should change the way the team works.
>
> Scott K

Also, I was about to fix the autopkgtest failure in python-h2, but I see that
despite having DPMT as maintainer, you didn't set the git repo up as part of
DPMT: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/python-h2  - I decided to leave it alone
because I really can't tell if you want to be part of the team or not.

Scott K