[Python-modules-team] CVE-2008-1447: python-dns fix version issue

Sébastien Delafond seb at debian.org
Mon May 17 09:03:22 BST 2021

On 14/05 16:22, Brian May wrote:
> Forwarding this request to security at debian.org who deal with the
> security infrastructure in Debian.

Hi,

we periodically get requests and/or bug reports about the OVAL exports,
and our general stance is that although we can't provide support for
them, I'll gladly review and accept PRs on the OVAL generation code if
people are interested in fixing whatever issues they find on their end.

There are probably actual bugs for corner cases (in the message you
forwarded, possibly something about a CVE spanning multiple source
packages), but our limited time forces us to draw the line somewhere.

Cheers,

--
Seb