[Qa-debsources] patch/copyright tracker status

Orestis Ioannou orestis at oioannou.com
Mon Dec 21 21:55:06 UTC 2015

Heya,

I ve prepared this email to discuss the status of the two trackers and
whats missing/blocking.

Generally, although probably not that important, PR#48 and PR#53 needs
review since it has a lot of refactoring for the versions view (visual
notification that a package has no patches, avoid c/p code) and the
documentation. The PR#48 contains all the commits from PR#53 plus some
others so PR#53 is easier to review.

Copyright tracker

Updater
Last time we enabled the copyright plugin was taking forever. We
identified some of the bottlenecks and I ve made some improvements in
PR#52 . I guess it needs review and retest the plugin to see if the
speed is improved.

I am not sure if this is a huge blocker since the tracker now works on
the fly. Although we are missing charts-stats etc

SPDX
I ve worked on this recently to fix the issues of dual license. I think
it is now good for review. PR#57

Notable things missing:
- If we want to integrate this to the PTS then we would need a list of
all packages with machine-readable d/copyright files. To do that I
assume we need the DB
- avoid linking to non-existing folder or files
- refactoring stats templates to avoid c/p code..

Patch tracker

The tracker works afaict. I haven't noticed any problems.

Notable things missing:

- PTS integration. We need a list of all packages with supported patches
to do that
- Retrieve the checksum of the orig.tar.gz
- i am not sure if could make any stats here

Blockers:

- Everything works on the fly since there is not db for the tracker yet.
So we need a db schema and a plugin.

I would like to "restart" working on those since i am begining to have
much time free but i don't know where to start :p
For starters I ll rebase all PRs to current master in the next days but
i d like to work on something based also on your availability to review
my code :)

Cheers,

Orestis