[Qa-debsources] Warning: Debsources is out of date

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Tue Jan 12 14:20:08 UTC 2016

Dear Debsourcers,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 03:16:45PM +0100, zack+debsourcesbot at upsilon.cc wrote:
> http://sources.debian.net is out of date by 4:53:57.383491 and max lag is 1:00:00

the above was a test message for a periodic Debsources check I've just
deployed on my own server. If Debsources get out of date of more than 24
hours (instead of the 1 hour lag I've used in the test above), this list
will receive a message similar to the above one.

Hopefully this will avoid lag of 1 week or more that we've experienced
in the past before noticing that sources.d.n content wasn't being
updated.

Code is in the Debsources repo: contrib/check_debsources_updatedness.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Former Debian Project Leader . . . . . @zacchiro . . . . o o o . . . o .