[Qa-debsources] SPDX generation issues

Orestis Ioannou orestis at oioannou.com
Tue Jan 12 14:23:44 UTC 2016

Heya,
On 01/08/2016 08:55 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 11:01:58PM +0100, Orestis Ioannou wrote:
>> Ok so i created a template for the copyright field and here is the outcome:
>> http://sourcesdev.debian.net/copyright/spdx/matplotlib/1.5.0~rc2-1/
>> If this is ok i ll try and create some more :)
>
> The structure of the template looks perfect.
>
> Some minor nitpicking:
>
> - it's not a 404 type of error, and the HTTP response code is 200. So we
>   should not write "404" in the page, just remove that and use a generic
>   "error" heading.
>
>   *If* you actually want to return a proper HTTP status code, 500 would
>   be more appropriate and the heading could say so (but then, we should
>   actually return a 500 HTTP response status).
>
> - it would be nicer to offer a link back to the package version
>   (matplotlib/1.5.0~rc2-1/) instead of a generic "go home" link. On the
>   same vein, "debian/copyright file" can be hyperlinked to the file in
>   question in the /sources/ blueprint, so that the user can at least see
>   the file "raw" and understand what's wrong

Right, so taking those into account:

http://sourcesdev.debian.net/copyright/spdx/matplotlib/1.5.0~rc2-1/

I also found some ValueErrors in the logs:
Is this ok as a response or should we give the exact error (even if its
no much info since it doesn't really where the error is just what it is).
http://sourcesdev.debian.net/copyright/license/coinor-cbc/2.8.12-1/

I am looking into logs and trying to fix things.. Since i can't
reproduce locally the errors i am playing on sourcesdev so if you happen
to see weird things please don't be scared :P:P

(I am paying attention to work only on -dev)

Cheers,

Orestis