[Qa-debsources] DB modification for cloc plugin

Orestis Ioannou orestis at oioannou.com
Sun Apr 24 10:00:06 UTC 2016

Hop

On 04/20/2016 04:22 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I didn't notice the absence of a package_id when writing my previous
> email, but yes: having one would be good for GROUP BY.
>
> And in fact even for faster deletes upon package removal. We have
> noticed with other tables that ON DELETE CASCADE is much faster if we
> have a direct "link" to packages, rather than relying on "transitive"
> removal chains packages -> files -> other stuff. Please add one.

Right ok! In this case should I do the same for the copyright table? it
does not have a package_id (maybe that could help speed up that hook as
well).

> We discussed this on IRC. For the records: cloc currently cannot detect
> multiple languages per file, but the author is working on it.
>
> Having a data model that supports both option is good anyhow, so I don't
> think we need to change anything on this part of your proposal.

For the record the current master of cloc is twice as fast on chromium.
I guess we ll need to install that one on the server. Would that be an
issue?

Cheers,

Orestis