[Qa-debsources] Project / Job Opportunity

Alberto Moura albertommoura at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 19:52:26 BST 2018

Hello,

My name is Alberto and I am a Freelance Python Developer.
I read your job posting and decided to get in touch.
I am currently looking for a job opportunity or an interesting project gig.

I have been designing Web Scrapers and Automation software for 6 years now.
First for personal use, then as a full-time Pythonista for the last 2 years.

I left a 10 year career as a front end developer to fully dedicate myself to my passion for Python Crawling, Automation and Data Visualization.

Lately I have developed Web Scrapers for the following websites:

adidas.com
amazon.com
walmart.com
indeed.com
tripkan.com
tropicair.com
booking.com
vine.com
app5.lasd.org
spotify.com
zillow.com

Strongest Skill Set: Python (2 & 3), Selenium, Pandas, BeautifulSoup, Flask, Django, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Web Crawling, Automation, Object Oriented Programming.

Other: HTML, CSS, Javascript, Jquery.

Server Side: Amazon AWS (EC2, S3); Google Cloud; Heroku.

You can check my full BIO at the bottom of this email.

All the best,
Alberto

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/albertommoura
Github: github.com/MMnemonic
Medium: medium.com/@alberto_moura/build-a-jobs-database-using-indeeds-api-8f95316be842

Bio:

I am a self-taught freelance software developer with over two years of experience providing web scraping and data extraction services using Python. I write custom code to crawl and extract different types of data from numerous sources including real-time data, websites requiring user authentication, business listings, real-estate, ecommerce, etc.

My expertise lies in automated web scraping of difficult to obtain data, websites with bare bones structures and complex to parse, large scale websites, including those using 'scraping protection' services and sites that simply put - are hard for most to scrape. I use a variety of methods for getting the data and aim to obtain the data as quickly, accurately and efficiently as possible.

I work most effectively given well-defined specifications including website urls, keywords, search terms, preferred output format and update frequency. Data output formats are usually chosen by you, the client, and include further post-processing of crawled data according to bespoke requirements.