[Qa-debsources] Debian Sources API for getting package information

Deniss Vakilov devaki at taltech.ee
Sat Mar 14 23:18:48 GMT 2020

Dear Team,

I was researching your API and got unexpected behaviour - 'latest' instead of version number not working for package information API.
I found it strange, that is why I am writing this letter.

As mentioned on https://sources.debian.org/doc/api/ page:
"""
Note: wherever a specific version number is required, you can use the string "latest" instead to get redirected to the most recent version of the package.
"""

But in following example it does not work:
https://sources.debian.org/api/info/package/davfs2/latest/

Could you  please check it?

Also, I have a question about package description.
When I execute command 'apt search cowsay', for exact match result I have following short description:
"configurable talking cow"

Can I get it from API?

Thank you in advance.
BR