[Qa-debsources] Debian Sources API for getting package information

Deniss Vakilov devaki at taltech.ee
Sat Apr 25 17:08:27 BST 2020

Hi Team,

Could I ask you to help me?
I am searching a way to pull data from package repositories for different distributions.
You have a really great API to get data about packages.

But for me also important description of package and CPU architecture(for which package optimized).
Currently I see only one option: to download all(100+) Package.gz(or Package.xz) files, which contains basics about packages and index them in database. It can be implemented but it is too inconvenient and one more API in web that makes almost the same as yours.

Could you please offer me any solution (except that I described) which I can?

Thank you so much.
Deniss