[Qa-jenkins-dev] 'ar' not available in path. Falling back to binary comparison.

Santiago Vila sanvila at unex.es
Mon Oct 12 16:18:19 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 05:57:53PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Montag, 12. Oktober 2015, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > already noted and fixed, I'm about to reschedule all ftbfs packages on
> > amd64 (so they benefit from your fixed dpkg upload..)!
>
> I ment to and I did reschedule all 2796+2869+148 unreproducible package on
> stretch+sid+exp/amd now…

Hmm, that could be a little bit frustrating for those who fix a
reproducible bug today and expect to see the result of their upload.

I would have only rescheduled, in this order:

* the ones not having "ar" available for diffoscope output.
* those having a "small" .debbindiff.txt.

Because those having a big .debbindiff.txt already FTBR for other
reasons anyway. This recent dpkg bugfix is just "the icing on the cake"
for the ones that already build reproducibly.