[Qa-jenkins-dev] pull request

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Feb 11 16:20:46 UTC 2016

Holger Levsen:
> Hi Hans,
>
>>> 2. ./jenkins-build-makebuildserver
>
> is using this:
>
> + echo 'debian_mirror = '\''http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/'\'''
>

> please change it to either http.debian.net or better ftp.de.debian.org, as
> that's the closest mirror. I assume your script honors http_proxy as well?
>

> cheers,
> 	Holger

The script includes a local cache of /var/cache/apt/archives in
~/.cache/fdroidserver, so only new versions of packages will be
downloaded, i.e. it won't be downloading all the packages it uses on
each new rebuild.

That mirror is what the core f-droid.org infrastructure uses, so I'd
prefer to keep in there in the script as a test of that mirror.  I've
heard some complaints of trouble with it.

As for http_proxy, env vars are not cleared, but then also not sent to
the VM, where apt is running.  The http_proxy is for .deb caching,
right?  Since that's already happening locally, so this shouldn't be
using much bandwidth.

.hc