[Ticket#:20737315] Fw: slowness of profitbricks-build9-amd64.debian.net aka 46.16.78.222 C873536754

IONOS Enterprise Support support at cloud.ionos.com
Mon Oct 21 08:38:58 BST 2019

Hi Helmut,

I just moved the VM, nothing more.

Happy developing

Georg Schieche-Dirik
IONOS Enterprise Support

--
1&1 IONOS SE | Greifswalder Str. 207 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
Tel: +49 30 57700-820 | Fax: +49 30 57700-8598
E-Mail: [1]enterprise-support at ionos.de | Web: [2]www.ionos.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Montabaur, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Montabaur, Registernummer: HRB 24498
Vorstand: Dr. Christian Böing, Hüseyin Dogan, Hans-Henning Kettler, Matthias
Steinberg, Achim Weiß
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Markus Kadelke

Member of United Internet

not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
saving, distribution or use of the content of this e-mail in any way is
sender and delete the e-mail.

10/20/2019 10:17 - Helmut Grohne wrote: Hi,

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 09:08:24AM +0200, IONOS Enterprise Support wrote:
> first, please make your test again now.

In the openssl test, the machine appears around 6 times faster than
previously now. The performance numbers from openssl speed are
reasonable and expected now. I've triggered the regular CI workload now
and the performance looks much better.

> Second, for performance measures we use iperf and fio. So I would have to
> check if openssl is a candidat as performance tool for the CPU. To shorten
> this up you may switch to Intel. What happens then?

I only used openssl here, because it was so readily available and
because it seemes remotely similar to the target workload. I'd have to
install something else. I didn't see a use to have a very precise
benchmark here, because it was fairly obvious that the performance
numbers were wrong by a magnitude.

Would you mind telling what changed about the machine? In any case, we
can mark the ticket as resolved and skip futher research.

Thank you

Helmut

[1] mailto:enterprise-support at ionos.de
[2] http://www.ionos.de