[Qa-jenkins-scm] [Git][qa/jenkins.debian.net][master] reproducible: Update status on odxu4b and cbxi4a.

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at debian.org
Mon Oct 28 20:36:14 GMT 2019

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019, 9:18 pm Vagrant Cascadian, <
vagrant at reproducible-builds.org> wrote:

> On 2019-10-28, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 02:30:26AM +0000, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> >> -# Disk failure
> >> +# OS reinstalled on new disks, needs deploy to be run
> >>  odxu4b-armhf-rb.debian.net
> >>  cbxi4a-armhf-rb.debian.net
> >
> > I tried, but:
> > 1. you changed the ssh host keys - could you please share them?  (maybe
> >    in the form of updating nodes/list.yml in this repo)
>
> Oh, I wasn't aware of nodes/list.yml; thanks, will update!
>
> Is this file used to generate known_hosts files for each of the nodes?
> If not, maybe I'll take a stab at it, as that could simplify the process
> of updating/adding new hosts and reduce margins of manual error.

Yes, it's used by update_jdn to create a knwon_hosts for Jenkins (and
ssh_config snippets for the ports, etc).  I was always bothered by how we
were pretty much blindly trusting nodes on first connection, and doing it
manually furthermore.
(I also generate such files for my own workstation, but that's unrelated :p)

Look up at the git history of the nodes/ directory for more details.

> 2. even after ignoring the changed keys, it claims it doesn't recognize
> >    my ssh key (I know in the past I've been able to do the first
> >    deployments).
>
> Sorry, I was hoping to do the deploy myself, and the OS reinstall is as
> far as I got yesterday...  got caught up in related yak shaving along
> the way.

That's fine.  I can do the initial deploys tomorrow morning my TZ if I find
them still needing :)