Enabling artifacts for the live-build Debian images

Roland Clobus rclobus at rclobus.nl
Sun Aug 15 15:58:36 BST 2021

Hello Holger and list,

I've prepared several changes that will (in the end) create the
artifacts for the live-build Debian images again, after they had been
disabled.

In total 6 changes are required. I attempted to have each change reflect
a single type of change.
All changes are on my master branch on
https://salsa.debian.org/rclobus-guest/jenkins.debian.net

e9f08a33c55824887305d3b243dae792479d607d
reproducible: Move the function save_artifacts to reproducible_common.sh

In an older version, I tried to link to the Jenkins build number. That
proved to be rather complicated (due to the invocation of ssh and the
loss of the original environment variables set by Jenkins) and have been
removed now.

688570ca27d950d1068d77f5bed1da8e0f0db900
reproducible_html_rsync: Use an identifiable folder on master for the
artifacts instead of /tmp

This will avoid the filling of /tmp on the master node. Should (for
whatever reason) something go wrong, the directory name will contain the
build number of the Jenkins rsync job for easier tracing back

8c2490bbd2d9e4f4a7f2fc09fc527d71b55993c3
reproducible_debian_live_build: Use throttle category
'debian_live_build' to allow only one job running at the same time.
Remove unused nagiator

I'm not sure whether the new throttle category needs to be added
manually in the Jenkins administrator interface, or that it happens
automagically. The throttle category name is 'debian_live_build'

3e9ed6522579da1b6fdb14e321d272c2c2d2739e
reproducible_debian_live_build: Link to the view in the sidebar

Cosmetics to link the job to its own view within Jenkins

5c0fc277176821a8d13969faa6cf0f2b6f212080
reproducible_debian_live_build: Cleanup artifacts, at the beginning of
the build and during the maintenance

5a6a84823f035950aab909410d1f194029e32c33
reproducible_debian_live_build: Create artifacts when a difference is
detected. Move the artifacts to the Jenkins host

This last change finally activates the creation of the artifacts

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus