Using the new snapshot service for live-build images on Jenkins

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at debian.org
Wed Aug 25 22:51:17 BST 2021

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 10:22:04PM +0200, Roland Clobus wrote:
> could you merge f00684cd8178384e982df2d32b8dee23bc50e467?
> The new snapshot service from fepitre will then be used.

Merged!
Thank you!

> After the merge, could you trigger:
> https://jenkins.debian.net/view/live/job/reproducible_debian_live_build_smallest-build_bullseye/
>
> and
>
> https://jenkins.debian.net/view/live/job/reproducible_debian_live_build_cinnamon_bullseye/

and done.

> The first job should pass and also log the timestamp that was used, the
> second job will (after working for at least 2 hours) fail, and create an
> artifact.

TBH, I feel like you are using the "failed" jenkins job to mean that the
result wasn't reproducible, rather than the job actually failed, right?
If so, it would be best if you could provide a fixed string we could
grep for in the "logparse" jenkins plugin, and mark the job as
"unstable" rather than failed.
(this is mostly an assumption, since I didn't really read much of what
the job is doing).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo