[R-pkg-team] Bug#946084: ITP: r-cran-bookdown -- authoring books and technical documents with GNU R markdown
tille at debian.org
Tue Dec 3 20:12:24 GMT 2019
Subject: ITP: r-cran-bookdown -- authoring books and technical documents with GNU R markdown
Owner: Andreas Tille <tille at debian.org>
* Package name : r-cran-bookdown
Version : 0.16
Upstream Author : Yihui Xie,
* URL : https://cran.r-project.org/package=bookdown
* License : GPL-3
Programming Lang: GNU R
Description : authoring books and technical documents with GNU R markdown
The bookdown package is a GNU R package that facilitates writing books
and long-form articles/reports with R Markdown. Features include:
* Generate printer-ready books and ebooks from R Markdown documents.
* A markup language easier to learn than LaTeX, and to write elements
such as section headers, lists, quotes, figures, tables, and
* Multiple choices of output formats: PDF, LaTeX, HTML, EPUB, and Word.
* Possibility of including dynamic graphics and interactive
applications (HTML widgets and Shiny apps).
* Support a wide range of languages: R, C/C++, Python, Fortran, Julia,
Shell scripts, and SQL, etc.
* LaTeX equations, theorems, and proofs work for all output formats.
* Can be published to GitHub, bookdown.org, and any web servers.
* Integrated with the RStudio IDE.
* One-click publishing to https://bookdown.org.
Remark: This package is maintained by Debian R Packages Maintainers at
More information about the R-pkg-team