[Reproducible-builds] Bug#808464: suddenly being asked for interactive keyboard configuration
holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Dec 20 11:27:11 UTC 2015
x-debbugs-cc: reproducible-builds at lists.alioth.debian.org
first of all: I'm at lost where this really comes from, as this happened the
first time on December 16th (and since then I saw and aborted it daily) and
neither debconf nor keyboard-configuration have been uploaded since them. I
see this in two jenkins jobs which have been unchanged since months:
Which do "apt-get install -y --install-recommends diffoscope" in sid, which
now fails like this:
Setting up keyboard-configuration (1.134) ...
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog
debconf: (Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an emacs shell
buffer, or without a controlling terminal.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline
Please select the layout matching the keyboard for this machine.
1. English (US)
2. English (US) - Cherokee
3. English (US) - English (Colemak)
4. English (US) - English (Dvorak alternative international no dead keys)
5. English (US) - English (Dvorak)
6. English (US) - English (Dvorak, international with dead keys)
7. English (US) - English (Macintosh)
8. English (US) - English (US, alternative international)
9. English (US) - English (US, international with dead keys)
10. English (US) - English (US, with euro on 5)
11. English (US) - English (Workman)
12. English (US) - English (Workman, international with dead keys)
13. English (US) - English (classic Dvorak)
14. English (US) - English (international AltGr dead keys)
15. English (US) - English (left handed Dvorak)
16. English (US) - English (programmer Dvorak)
17. English (US) - English (right handed Dvorak)
18. English (US) - English (the divide/multiply keys toggle the layout)
19. English (US) - Russian (US, phonetic)
20. English (US) - Serbo-Croatian (US)
and then it hangs forever. We discussed this on #debian-qa:
<h01ger> so why do we see this in sid now:
<ntyni> could be something to do with some of the debconf frontends being
uninstallable but I can't really see why that would make it interactive
<ntyni> is it using DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive ?
<h01ger> ntyni: yes. the jenkins code used here hasnt changed at all.
<ntyni> h01ger: I'm guessing DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive never took effect
for some reason and the Dialog frontend is now falling back to a different
frontend (Readline) that tries harder to ask its questions even without a real
<ntyni> h01ger: I wouldn't expect those messages about Dialog and Readline
frontends at all if DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive was in effect
* h01ger nods
<ntyni> h01ger: but I'm not 100% positive on that
weirly enough has a different frontend it seems
any ideas anyone?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 828 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Reproducible-builds