OpenWrt reproducible squashfs
paul at makrotopia.org
Fri Sep 7 13:12:07 BST 2018
I'm trying to create reproducible squashfs images, currently for the
target ar71xx/generic (due to its popularity).
My steps are as followed:
* Download and apply lynxis squasfskit patch to OpenWrt buildroot
* Clean and compile tools/squashfskit
* Copy the file mksquashfs to the staging dir of an ar71xx/generic
* Create two images via
* make image PROFILE="tl-wdr4300-v1" EXTRA_IMAGE_NAME="run-1"
* make image PROFILE="tl-wdr4300-v1" EXTRA_IMAGE_NAME="run-2"
* Check the resulting sha256sums
Both factory.bin and sysupgrade.bin firmware files have different
checksums. What am I missing?
I'd be very happy to get this working, I'm planing on a semi automatic
reproducible test setup for OpenWrt.
More information about the Reproducible-builds