[Resolvconf-devel] Re: resolvconf, update.d/bind, and debian

Thomas Hood jdthood at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 09:08:32 UTC 2006

Tony and Robyn Lewis wrote:
> I couldn't find a users mailing list to post this on.

Hi.

There is now resolvconf-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org.  For spam
prevention reasons you have to subscribe before posting; but please
use that list so that my co-maintainer can read your mail too.

> I'm wondering whether the update.d/bind script is working like it should
> on Debian.  It would appear that it writes the new forwarders directive
> to a file in /var/run/bind.  However as far as I can tell, nothing in
> Debian's bind9 setup is going to look at that file.

That is correct: you have to modify bind9's configuration file so that
it includes the file that update.d/bind writes.

The reason for this is the fact that the bind9 maintainer is a well-known
zombie[0].

[0]http://wiki.debian.org/ZombieMaintainer

Please see resolvconf's README file /usr/share/doc/resolvconf/README.gz
for instructions.

--
Thomas Hood