[Resolvconf-devel] Re: Bug#318464: resolvconf: Cascaded dnscache
tobias.reckhard at secunet.com
Wed Feb 28 13:02:11 CET 2007
Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote the following on 27.02.2007 21:10:
> I've tested it locally and it Works For Me, but then i never had the
> problem he describes either.
> Tobias? Any news?
Unfortunately, it doesn't work here. Here's what I did:
1. Setup two instances of dnscache, one listening on the IP address of
eth0 in /etc/dns/dnscache-forward and another one on lo (at 127.0.0.2)
2. Configured dnscache-forward as a FORWARDONLY cache, pointing it at
127.0.0.2 per /etc/dns/dnscache-forward/root/servers/\@
3. Configured dnscache-resolve as a FORWARDONLY cache, pointing towards
my DNS proxy servers here. I wouldn't normally do this, but instead
configure this instance as an iterative DNS proxy server, but that
doesn't work in the lab I'm using. This shouldn't matter anyhow.
4. Patched /etc/resolvconf/update.d/dnscache and executed it.
5. Observed that /etc/dns/dnscache-forward/root/servers/\@ and
/etc/dns/dnscache-resolve/root/servers/\@ had been overwritten with the
list of root servers (presumaby from /etc/dnsroots.global).
I'll investigate the workings of the script in more detail to see why
the logic isn't working..
More information about the Resolvconf-devel