[Resolvconf-devel] What to do about piuparts errors?

Thomas Hood jdthood at gmail.com
Thu May 26 07:54:50 UTC 2011

At http://packages.qa.debian.org/resolvconf.html is reported under "problems":

    Piuparts found an (un)installation error in the Sid
    version of this package. You should fix it; have
    a look at the corresponding piuparts log.

The log says:

    resolvconf	piuparts-result:	failed-testing 1.53

with these errors:

    dependency lsb-base is essential-required
    dependency initscripts is essential-required
    dependency debconf is essential-required

Can someone please tell me what should be done about this,
if anything?

The complaint about resolvconf's dependency on initscripts
seems spurious.  The dependency is versioned.  Resolvconf 1.54
requires initscripts 2.88dsf-13.6 or later.

Resolvconf's dependency on debconf is also versioned, so
perhaps this message is also spurious.

Resolvconf's dependency on lsb-base is not versioned.  I know
that it's improper to depend upon an Essential: yes package,
but lsb-base is not Essential: yes.  Lsb-base is, however,
says it is an error to depend upon a Priority: required package.

What's wisdom here?
--
Thomas