[Resolvconf-devel] What do we need to do to make the Ubuntu version?

Thomas Hood jdthood at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:30:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:42, Sander van Grieken
<sander at outrightsolutions.nl> wrote:
> Basically include /etc/init/resolvconf.conf

Like this?:

#######################################
# upstart script for resolvconf

start on ( virtual-filesystems and starting udev )

stop on runlevel [06]

pre-start script
    resolvconf --create-runtime-directories
    resolvconf --enable-update
end script

pre-stop script
  resolvconf --disable-updates
end script

> For Ubuntu upstart is not optional, so the sysv script can be entirely removed.

OK.  In the Ubuntu patch we can just remove the dh_installinit line
from debian/rules.

Now, how do we go about creating an Ubuntu patch, building an Ubuntu
package, submitting it to Ubuntu universe, etc.?  I have a PPA but I
know very little about Ubuntu maintenance processes.
--
Thomas