[sane-announce] SANE Backends 1.3.1 released.

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Thu May 23 07:36:59 BST 2024

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the arrival of sane-backends-1.3.1. You can find the latest source tarballs and details here:

https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/releases  <https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/releases.>

Apologies for the delay and the borked 1.3.0 release. We had (and still have) an issue at GitLab with our automated release process.
I will pursue this with them and hope to get a resolution soon. For the moment, the final stage of the release involves a manual creation step.

For the broken 1.3.0 release, as part of the clean up, I removed the 1.3.0 Git tag that is created as part of the release process.
I did not realise that a number of distros track this tag directly using automated processes. Although we had not announced the release officially, a few distros had picked it up and the removal of the tag caused issues for them.
For this I offer my apologies and I will be wiser in future.

The 1.3.0 tag has been restored. However, because of the problems caused by the broken release, and by their request, I have generated a 1.3.1 release to supersede it. This should hopefully make things right and make a clean break with whatever occurred before.

Shortly, I will update the Ubuntu PPAs, including additional builds for the latest Ubuntu release which arrived within the last few weeks.

If anyone experiences issues with the release, either code or infrastructure, please bring it to our attention on the sane-devel mailing list and I will try to give it my immediate attention.

Cheers,
Ralph Little