[sane-devel] pale negative scans

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 12:59:55 +0100

twaugh@redhat.com said:
> "I have a scanner - Epson Perfection 1240U (usb) - which works very
>  well with sane/xsane for ordinary scanning, but when I'm scanning
>  negatives (photos) the result is useless because it is very pale. I
>  still have to scan my negatives in Win2000.
>  Should be possible to get better colors for the negatives as well?"

You need proper software for doing the orange mask correction for negatives.
There is currently no Sane front end that does this. It is distinctly
not a bug.

If you want to scan negatives under Linux at the moment the only
viable solution is VueScan which is shareware.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195