[sane-devel] Umax Astra MX3 scsi/usb + Linux 2.4.7 + sane 1.0.5

Denis Hainsworth Denis Hainsworth <denis@cs.brandeis.edu>
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:09:57 -0400

Hmm...well maybe its not quite fixed :). After a number of different
setups I discovered that my UMAX MX3 disliked having the scsi chain
messed with unless it was also power cycled. I can setup my chain pretty
much how I like and as long as I turn EVERYTHING off and then everything
on again the blank previews disappear. Great I thought at least I can
use everything :) .. well the previews are coming out fine...but when I
hit start in xsane to do the real scan...the scanner does its inital
calibration move (sounds like its moving a couple of centimeters really
slowly..this is normal with other OSs as well) then it starts
scanning...xsane reports its scanning...it sounds good.  But it only
lasts a few seconds about 3 ... then xsane reports it is saving and then
converting the image.  Obviously the image is not what it should be...it
appears to be a couple of wide bands of shades of grey going form top to
bottom of image.

Again I am using a Buslogic  BT-946C w linux 2.4.7 driver V 2.1.15 ..
the other things on my scsi chain have always seemed to be working
ok...2 cdroms and a zip drive.  I am not sure that this is a sane/xsane
issue but it feels like it..I am going to try and get my win95 partition
running to make 100% sure this whole setup will work under another set
of OS/Applications.

Thanks for any help or ideas
-denis