[sane-devel] snapscan os/2 mods

Paul Floyd paulf@free.fr
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 11:46:00 +0200

Hi

I've just uploaded the modifications that I've made to the snapscan
source to get it to work with OS/2.

http://paulf.free.fr/snapos2.tar.bz2

A few points about the changes. I've added an extra stub file with empty
function definitions for USB. That could be meged into the existing USB
source, if appropriate #ifdefs are used.

The other changes impact the reading of the calibration data. The
release 1.0.5 code tries to read 244K in one go, whilst the OS/2 buffer
is only 32K. To get around this, I hard coded a smaller buffer, which I
read 30K at a time, 8 times, each time copying the part that was read
into the main buffer.

Clearly it'll take a bit more effort to get that to work (probably again
with #ifdefs).

The resulting binary generally works OK, but I've had some troubles
reading the images that it generates. xv seems to accept them, but not
the shareware OS/2 application I use - this applies both to tiff and
pnm. I'll look into this when I have some more time.

A bientot
Paul
--
Paul Floyd                 http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)