[sane-devel] hpoj-0.8 is available
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 05:40:39 -0700
I'm pleased to announce that version 0.8 of the HP OfficeJet Linux driver
(hpoj) is now available at http://hpoj.sourceforge.net.
Major changes include the following:
- A completely new low-level I/O driver, with new USB support and greatly
improved parallel-port support for both the MLC and 1284.4 protocols.
- Enhanced support for peripherals connected to HP JetDirect print servers.
- New command-line scanning application for the following models not yet
supported by SANE:
- OfficeJet 500, 600, 700, and T series;
- PSC 300 series;
- LaserJet 1100A, 1220, and 3200 series.
- Broader model support and updated appearance for the xojpanel application,
which can now co-exist with other applications or copies of itself.
- Greatly improved installation process and documentation.
I would like to thank all of the people who over the last five months have
helped test and provided feedback on the CVS development version of this
new release. Those of you who would prefer a stable version are encouraged
to migrate to this new release, especially if you've had problems with
In addition, I will be at the LinuxWorld Expo (San Francisco) August 28-30,
2001, demonstrating this new version of the hpoj software in the HP booth.
If you are attending this show, then be sure to stop by and say "hello". :-)
Please post questions, problem reports, or other feedback to the hpoj-devel
mailing list. Thank you for your interest in this project.
David Paschal (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
August 7, 2001