[sane-devel] Questions from new backend developers

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:41:53 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 11:28:22PM +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> > I'm not sure if this works for all the parport backends/drivers (e.g.
> > sanei_ab306 or sanei_pa4s2).
>
> It would be great if someone could port this code into libieee1284
> so that other applications can benefit from it..

sanei_ab306 supports the Mustek 600IIN which has it's own ISA i/o
card. However, this card is very similar to a parport. So I need a way
to access some ports directly and send data to them (e.g. 0x379). Can
this be done with libieee1284?

I had a quick look at ieee1284.h. What is "the name of a parallel port"?

As you asked for comments: Please don't use "//" for comments, if the
code should be included into SANE. This will make trouble with older
compilers on several platforms.