[sane-devel] [dev] dependencies on sanei_scsi and sanei_usb

Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:10:24 +0200

Hi,

I was just pointed to a problem with dependencies in the
backend/Makefile(.in): The backend libraries have entries like

libsane-artec.la: ../sanei/sanei_config2.lo

for all the sanei files they depend on. However sanei_config2 itsself
depends on sanei_scsi and (since my commit) sanei_usb. Some backends
have a dependency for sanei_config2 but not sanei_scsi (e.g. as6e,
mustek_pp) and no one has a dependency for sanei_usb. While on my
system this works (no library load errors) this doesn't semm to be
true for all systems.

Am I right that all backends using sanei_config2 also must be made
dependant on sanei_scsi and sanei_usb?