[sane-devel] Reply from Devcom (Blackwidow) re Drivers...

wayne@chilledout.worldonline.co.uk wayne@chilledout.worldonline.co.uk
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:42:20 +0100

Hi,
Hope this is not OT but I thought it of interest.
I have a BlackWidow 9636 EPP and after checking and could find no
support for the device, I thought I would at least ask Devcom if they
have any plans to either release Drivers or let good people such as
yourselves, the necessary information to develop them.

I received a terse email in response in a most unfriendly manner
stating that:
They have no Software for Linux or Plans to develop for Linux and they
have no intention of releasing their Code.

I shall certainly not be buying any of Their products again, and the
more people who know of there attitude to Linux the better.

--
Best Regards

Wayne.

wayne@chilledout.worldonline.co.uk