[sane-devel] can not convert sane output

Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:19:34 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:52:11AM -0800, jim.george@edify.com wrote:
> I too use a Mustek 1200CP but see the same problems as Yoshi.
>
> You may remember that I'm the person that appears to lose 1/4 of the
> right-hand side of a scan when using Gimp, Xsane etc.?  When I try to use
> scanimage (if it finishes) the result is an incomplete file (as reported by
> gimp).

I think that's not a problem of the frontends (xsane, scanimage,
etc.). This is just a problem with the driver (backend) which delivers
less data than it claimed in its parameters value. In this case, the
pnm files provide a width and height of e.g. 10 but only come with 50
bytes of data instead of 100 (for gray pgm).

Probably a completely different problem in your case but similar
symptoms. So I think there is a problem in your backend (mustek_pp +
cis patch?)

Ah, and by "Mustek" I meant Mustek SCSI :-)