[sane-devel] I don't need help :-)

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:59:37 +0100

[resent]

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 10:21:03PM -0800, larry@doolittle.boa.org wrote:
> Of course, I have a wish list.  I'm a skilled c programmer (but
> unfamiliar with gtk), so if you encourage me I might add these
> features myself.
>
> 1. automatic compression, basically by specifying a pipe instead
> of an output file name.  cjpeg will do the trick.

So you want to get jpegs instead of pnms? XSane might be the right
frontent for you (http://www.xsane.org) :-)

> 2. better use of the four buttons on the scanner.  Maybe this is
> more a backend issue?  If a daemon were sitting there, it might
> have a chance of using the "copy" button for what it's designed
> for.  The "to web" and "to e-mail" buttons are a little far-fetched.

I think the idea with the daemon is ok. IIRC there are similar daemons
for other scanners. Press the button and xsane (or any other backend)
will start. Probably nobody has written this daemon for your scanner
until now...