[sane-devel] SANE 1.06 and net backend crashes at end of scan...

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:01:27 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 07:43:35PM +0100, Juergen Hammelmann wrote:
> also the new sane 1.06 crashes with using of the net backend at the end of a
> scan. I use a mustek 600 II N, earlier I could use the mustek backend and set
> xscanimage or xsane suid. But now with new versions of gtk/gimp libs I have
> to use the net backend, because gtk/gimp doesn't allow to use suid programms!

Concerning the GTK problem: I'm using gtk 1.2.8 and nothing stops me
from using suid programs. Where does this security setting come from?

You could use "sudo" to avoid such problems.

Does scanning as root works (without saned)? Does scanimage work with
saned? Sory for asking dumb questions, but I can't reproduce your
problem with the exact same scanner and SANE version.

Can you give more details about the crash? Any messages in syslog? Do
you get a segfault? Any error messages?

Do you know if the crash is in the frontend or in the net/mustek
backends?