[sane-devel] SEGFAULT in sanei_scsi_close()

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Mon Dec 24 17:57:44 GMT 2001

I am trying to debug a problem with the EPSN backend. Whenever
the backend is running in batch mode to scan via the ADF, the
frontend will crash with a segmentation fault in sanei_scsi_close().

The reason seems to be that one for the free list elements is not
valid, and when the next pointer is referenced, the software goes
down:

      req = ((fdparms*) fd_info[fd].pdata)->sane_free_list;
      while (req)
        {
->        next_req = req->next;
          free(req);
          req = next_req;
        }

Has anybody seen this before? Is this something that could be
cause by how I am using the sanei_scsi functions?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Karl Heinz

Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk at khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc