[sane-devel] xsane-0.79 released
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:10:16 +0200
xsane-0.79 is released.
There have been several small improvements and bug fixes.
The most important news is that a media type (especally for
negatives) can be selected. This is experimental and only
does work correct when a scanner internal gamma table is
available, for color mode there needs to be a gamma table
for each color (red, green, blue).
Take a look at the preferences menu.
It can be downloaded from:
Here is the complete list of changes:
- added test for lstat in configure/configure.in/config.h.in
- when lstat is available it is used for testing netscape lock file,
otherwise stat is used
- changed order of include lines in xsane-save.c
- for OS/2: in xsane_back_gtk_make_path() a colon ":" is replacte by "_"
- changed last argument of xsane_back_gtk_set_tooltip from char to gchar
- added function xsane_widget_test_uposition(GtkWidget *gtk_window)
that does test if gdk_window_get_deskrelative_origin or
gdk_window_get_root_origin gives the correct positions.
test is done with "scanning for devices" window.
- in xsane.c changed #if 1 to #ifdef BUGGY_GTK_TOOLTIPS_SET_COLORS
- split preview_increment_image_y in ... and preview_test_image_y,
test is called before a byte is copied into the buffer
- xsane-preview.c: preview_scan_start: preview image memory is only cleaned for
single pass mode and 1 pass of 3 pass mode (3 pass preview does work again)
- mail is sent in subprocess
- added "MIME-Version: 1.0" to mail header
- added mail status in mailfile, error messages while sending are stored in this file too
- aclocal.m4 test for gimp: moved saving of GTK_* to beginning of routine,
the GTK_* things should be set correct now when gimp-config is not found
- xsane.h: mail is deactivated when png is not available
- added preferences menu item "Medium":
The highlight/shadow/gamma values are defined to the intensity range
of the selected medium (e.g. agfa negative).
If possible the analog highlight/shadow function is used,
if not then the scanner internal digital gamma table is used
in bot then xsane´s internal gamma correction is used.
When the correct medium is selected it only is necessary to
do "soft" color corrections. Because of this the 400% values
in brightness/contrast have been reduced to 100% values now.
This is a typically range that e.g. also is used by the gimp.
If someone needs the larger ranges, change the following definitions
#define XSANE_BRIGHTNESS_MIN -100.0
#define XSANE_BRIGHTNESS_MAX 100.0
#define XSANE_CONTRAST_GRAY_MIN -100.0
#define XSANE_CONTRAST_MIN -100.0
#define XSANE_CONTRAST_MAX 100.0
- moved call xsane_update_counter_in_filename as correction for counter length from
xsane_start_scan to xsane_scan_dialog (before open command), this way the
counter also is correct when the file is not transformed (pnm).
- corrected xsane_update_counter_in_filename: removed some pointer bugs when skipping
- added test for os2.h to configure/configure.in
- added set_gimp_PLUG_IN_INFO(&PLUG_IN_INFO); for os2
- removed "+0.5" in calculation of negative preview gamma table. A gamma value of 1.000 does
not change the image data any more
- effective user id is set to real user id in all subprocesses
- cancel preview does now only call sane_cancel and tests for SANE_STATUS_CANCELLED while
reading image data.