[sane-devel] Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL

decibel decibel8@home.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:50:12 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C113D2.368DB100

I have the Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL working in Linux using the =
microtek2.conf backend (newest version)
I got some help from Kristian Stark and have scanned several pictures =
with it.

All that was required was adding the scanner to kernel module =
microtek.c, then recompiling the kernel, including the microtek driver =
in the kernel. Then looked up dmesg to see what device it was attached =
to and put 'alias sg1 scanner' in the modules.conf file.

The only problem so far is I get a 'scsihostadapter' module not found =
warning during boot, but I think that is a side effect of installing =
scsi in the kernel and not actually having any scsi devices. The CD =
Writer and scanner are scsi0 and scsi1 and both work.=20

I am writing a tutorial on how to do it at =
http://members.home.net/decibels.com/

If you have any contacts you could tell the microtek.c driver writer to =
add the scanner in the driver, but maybe since it has to be compiled in =
the kernel that might be a little more than just having him add it. I'm =
sure you know more about this than me.

Dave

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C113D2.368DB100

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have the <FONT color=3D#ff0000>Microtek ScanMaker =
V6UPL</FONT>=20
working in Linux using the microtek2.conf backend (newest =
version)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I got some help from Kristian Stark and have scanned =
several=20
pictures with it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>All that was required was adding&nbsp;the =
scanner&nbsp;to=20
kernel module microtek.c, then recompiling the kernel, including the =
microtek=20
driver in the kernel. Then looked up dmesg to see what device it was =
attached to=20
and put 'alias sg1 scanner' in the modules.conf file.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The only problem so far is I get a 'scsihostadapter' =
module=20
not found warning during boot, but I think that is a side effect of =
installing=20
scsi in the kernel and not actually having any scsi devices. The CD =
Writer and=20
scanner are scsi0 and scsi1 and both work. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am writing a tutorial on how to do it at <A=20
href=3D"http://members.home.net/decibels.com/">http://members.home.net/de=
cibels.com/</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If you have any contacts you could tell the =
microtek.c driver=20
writer to add the scanner in the driver, but maybe since it has to be =
compiled=20
in the kernel that might be a little more than just having him add it. =
I'm sure=20
you know more about this than me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Dave</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C113D2.368DB100--