[sane-devel] DevCom Black Widow 9636 HiRes (SCSI Scanner)

Paul Stear paul@appjaws.co.uk
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:02:04 +0100

On Monday 23 July 2001 23:24, Roger L.S. Griffiths BSc (Hons) wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Anyone used this scanner with SANE?
>
> If so what backend and version of SANE?
>
> I have tried the PIE backend with Sane 1.0.4 under SuSE Linux 7.1
> Professional (x86 platform) and an Adaptec AHA-2940A SCSI card.
>
> Many Thanks

Hi,
Simon Munton solved my Devcom 9636Pro problems by producing a patch against
sane 1.0.3, and all worked well.  I believe the newer versions of sane have
this patch as part of the code..
I haven't tested my scanner since installing Mandrake 8.0 but I will next
week and let you know if it works and what problems if any I encounter.

I hope this will be of help to you,

regards
Paul Stear

From: Paul Stear <paul@appjaws.co.uk>
To: sane-devel@mostang.com

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sane-pie is a backend for Pacific Image Electronics series of ScanAce SCSI
> scanners, and the Devcom 9636/9630 BlackWidow scanners.
>
> A patch against sane 1.0.3 is available at
> http://www.munton.demon.co.uk/sane
>
> The backend definitely works with the Devcom 9636PRO; other models may or
> may not work. Testing and feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Simon Munton

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the info, this is just what I have been waiting for so
that I can get rid of windows.
I have downloaded the patch and will try it tomorrow and let you know
how I get on.

regards
Paul

--
This message has been sent using Mandrake Linux and kmail