[sane-devel] USB HP scanner problems

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:58:24 +0200

Hi Bob,

Bob Sully wrote:

> Peter:  Is this true even when the box with the SCSI connection is turned
> off?

Yes. I connected the scanner with SCSI to one machine which was turned
off. Then I turned on the scanner. When plugging in the USB into a
running Windows machine, nothing happend. Then I disconnected the
scanner from SCSI. Turned it on again. Now plugging in the USB into the
Windows machine started the hardware recognition

> Also, any ideas on why I can't get xsane 0.79 to compile (see previous
> message)?

Maybe your GTK+ is not configured correctly. Try to run the command

gtk-config --cflags

On your machine it seems that this gives the output

-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

The missing files gdk.h or gtk.h should be located below
/usr/lib/glib/include. Try to find them with

find /usr/lib/glib/include -name gtk.h

I assume you get no output. On my machine, these files are located at
/usr/local/lib/glib/include. gtk-config gives to me

-I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

So check your GTK-configuration. Maybe you have mixed a GTK-installation
from your distribution with a hand made source installation. But it can
not be too bad. Otherwise you could not have build the SANE-frontend
xscanimage

--Peter

--
Peter Kirchgessner