[sane-devel] RH 7.0 sane and Mustek 600 III EP Plus

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:41:06 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 07:17:36AM -0400, Richard wrote:
> RH 7's kudzu dosent detect the Mustek flatbed.
> Even though the mustek_pp.conf file is fixed to make use of the
> flatbed ( appropriate settings are given ) when i start xsane
> i still have the  no device available warning and it shuts down.

You do run the frontend as root? The mustek_pp backend is enabled in
dll.conf? Maybe "SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=255 scanimage" gives you a hint
what doesn't work.

> Since the documentation is a bit thin on the subject of scanner recognition
> setup ( or even the fact that i would/not need to have RH find the device )
> i would like to have a  bit of help to get it going .

The documentation is in "man sane-mustek_pp". I don't know if RedHat
does something special here.

> When i get it going ill write a simple Mustek 600 how-to
> so if anything like this hits someone else they will have a few good
> pointers.

I'm sure Jochen Eisinger will update the manual page and website, if
there is something he has forgotten to mention.