[sane-devel] XSANE 0.80 compilation problems

Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:56:06 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 07:13:04AM +0100, Marcel Pol wrote:
> I'm not sure, but I believe you need to install libusb0.1 and
> libusb0.1-devel.

That may help in this case but usually it's not necessary to install
libusb for SANE or xsane if you don't need the sm3600 backend. This
backend is the only one that uses libusb and it's disabled if the
library isn't found.

> The second one provides:
> /usr/bin/libusb-config
> /usr/include/usb.h
> /usr/lib/libusb.a
> /usr/lib/libusb.la
> /usr/lib/libusb.so
> I assume that's what it is looking for.

The problem is that SANE "thinks" libusb is present because it found
the usb.h header file. It doesn't check if libusb.so (or.a) is
present. So if you only have usb.h on your system (for whatever
reason) sane-config --libs will also return -lusb. Frontend
compilation will fail in this case.