[sane-devel] LM983x driver for SANE

Jaeger, Gerhard g.jaeger@earthling.net
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:33:37 +0100

Hi there,

I'd like to announce the first version of the LM983x-USB driver for SANE.
The stuff is based on sources I got from Plustek and currently supports some
the their devices like the U12, UT12, UT16, U24 and others.
As the driver is very generic, it should be possible to integrate very easily
other LM983x based devices.
The code is integrated into the Plustek backend and can be downloaded from

http://home.t-online.de/home/g-jaeger/plustek.html (see USB section).

Please note that this driver is in ALPHA state and only for you to do some
tests. The color mode does not work correctly, gray seems to work, others
are not testet.
To install, you will need the latest SANE-snapshot with the USB support
built in. The installation procedure is very simple:
unpack the SANE tar-ball
unpack the plustek-sane tar ball in the sane-backends directory
do the ./configure, make all and make install steps...
You will need a working USB subsystem and the scanner module loaded.
To configure your device, you might have to change the plustek.conf file.

Any comments are welcome, any patches too ;-)
The plan is to integrate this driver into SANE-1.0.7...
Currently there's almost NO documentation.

Have fun
   Gerhard