[sane-devel] [dev] CVS tree closed for release

Sun, 4 Nov 2001 15:18:40 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:47:19PM +0100, abel deuring wrote:
> I'm afraid that I and Eric found a quite serious problem for SCSI
> command queueing under more recent Linux kernels:

[description deleted]

Sorry, it's really too late now. The sources are tagged in CVS and I'm
preparing the tarballs and website changes currently. There is one
point when I just have to say: no more changes.

In my humble opinion: It can't be that worse because Linux 2.4.5 is
out since 5 months now and I haven't seen bug reports about this. Even
about 1000 people have downloaded the 1.0.6 snapshots. The current
code is tested and I don't want to change things in sanei_scsi which
we can't test for some time even if it's such a small change.

The next release is planned for January/February. If it's really a
problem I propose to put a patch on the website/ftp server or to
shorten the release period after some testing.