[sane-devel] Mustek USB 1200 UB?

Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:55:12 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:37:16AM +0100, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> I have a Mustek USB scanner (1200 USB Plus).
> The old 12000 SP went south recently - blown lamp.
>
> So we bought a cheapo Mustek 1200 USB Plus.
>
> In the list of supported hardware I see only a 1200 UB Plus and this
> is marked as unsupported. Odd.

Yes. The 1200 UB Plus will never be supported by the Mustek USB
backend. It uses a completely different chipset (details are on my
webpage).

> But I still hope that the UB Plus is something different and
> that my scanner is supported.

The UB Plus is different from your scanner. However, your scanner
isn't supported either. If I explicitely write that it's unsupported
that's usually true :-)

However, I'm currently working on support for the Mustek 1200 USB.
Depending on how different the 1200 USB Plus is from this scanner,
support may be not to complicated. The 1200 USB support cant take more
time, because I have to rewrite the sensor functions (CCD instead of
CIS).

Can you tell me if the sensor of your scanner is a CCD or a CIS? This
should be mentioned in the manual somewhere.