[sane-devel] officejet scanning

Paulo Filipe Canha de Andrade paulofilipe@netcabo.pt
10 Nov 2001 02:05:22 +0000

Hi!
I have just spent 5 hours getting my officejet r45 (hp all-in-one
printing/scaning) to work in redhat 7.1. Printing is fine!:) But after
installing sane backends and frontends, xsane following the howto I
ended up with this:

[paulinho@Unixuser paulinho]$ scanimage -L
ptalMlcChannelOpen(chan=0x08054A88): error creating socket!
ptalChannelOpen(chan=0x08054A88): provider failed open!

[paulinho@Unixuser paulinho]$ scanimage -d hp:mlc:par:0
ptalMlcChannelOpen(chan=0x08054A88): error creating socket!
ptalChannelOpen(chan=0x08054A88): provider failed open!
ptalMlcChannelOpen(chan=0x08054A88): error creating socket!
ptalChannelOpen(chan=0x08054A88): provider failed open!
scanimage: open of device hp:mlc:par:0 failed: Error during device I/O

I have double checked all the steps in the howto, and i would reaaly
apreciate any help because it seems that i'm realy close.
Thankyou for your time,

--
Paulo Filipe Canha de Andrade
mailto:paulofilipe@netcabo.pt