[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner vs. scanimage --list-devices?

Steven Lembark lembark@wrkhors.com
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 14:18:00 -0600

-- Peter Kirchgessner <peter@kirchgessner.net>

> now the backend is talking to the scanner. But it is getting some
> problems with the communication. Some new Linux kernels have a bug. Add
> to your hp.conf-file below the /dev/scanner a line
>
> option disable-scsi-request
>
> Maybe this can solve the final problem.

File now looks like:

    scsi HP
    /dev/scanner
    option disable-scsi-requrest

with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to /opt/sane/lib/sane I get similar
problems as before. Right now I'm re-running the makes after
a make distclean + ./configure + make all install to see if
there was any problem during the first pass. I've gone out
of my way to remove any traces of the RPM's at this point so
hopefully it will all just work :-)

                                            +1 800 762 1582