[sane-devel] Plans for an updated avision backend (HP7400+HP5300+Minolta Scan Dual II+???)

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho@civil.ist.utl.pt
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:50:57 +0000

On Monday 12 November 2001 08:58, Raymond Pau wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have an InterScan 330p scanner (OEM Avision AV260C) and also the source
> code for the window twain driver from Avision.
> Most of the code is in Assembly.
>
> How do you intend to get started?
>
> Raymond Pau
> rpau@yahoo.com

My idea was to concentrate on the usb scanners that can be accessed using the
hpusbscsi driver. This would "only" imply extending the commands that are
used and debugging/improving the hpusbscsi driver.

A parallel port scanner (probably) is a different subject.

For your scanner perhaps you should contact the "SANE Backend for Avision
parport scanner" project in sourceforge.
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/av260c/).

Oops... I just saw the name of the project admin. Sorry ;-)

What is the opinion of those with experience on the subject? Is the info that
Raymond has enough to go forward with a driver?

In the avision backend or in a new avision-pp backend?

Regards

Ze Paulo