[sane-devel] hard to find a supported scanner these days

Christoph Kukulies kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:16:08 +0100 (CET)

After the woes I had with the Musted 1200 USB Plus
I tried to find an Epson Scanner at the local dealers.

Either price tag not in budget (we are thinking of spending 70-150 Euro,
60-140 $), or the scanner is no longer available vie the local dealers.

Nearly daily they get different scanners and you cannot rely to get a
scanner you bought 4 weeks ago a second time now. So the Mustek 1200 CU,
which I focussed now, is ruled out also.

What SCSI Scanner can you recommend now?
We went through the list of supported scanners and none(!) of
the listed scanners were available at dealers here.