[sane-devel] blank images after upgrade to RH7.2

Ramin Sina rsina@earthlink.net
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 21:25:55 -0500

Hi all,

I just joined this list and I hope my question is appropriate here. I have a
UMAX scsi scanner that worked perfectly with Red Hat 7.1. After my upgrade to
RH7.2 though, there is the following problem. The system still finds the
scanner and xsane lauches fine. But when I preview the image, it is
completely blank; and if I scan it, it is completely blank also (xv shows a
completely blank file). This problem happens either when I am a normal user
or root. In either case the hardware seems to be working as if everything was
fine. Has anyone encountered something like that, or is there any advice?

Many thanks,
Ramin