[sane-devel] Re: Microtek SANE bug and fix for ADF

Michael Thomson MThomson@iee.org
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:21:01 +0000

Hi guys

Thanks for your patch - I have also seen these symptoms on a Microtek X12
USL with *no* document feeder - both the X-server crash (eek) and the
coloured stripes down the page.

Karsten Festag maintains the microtek2 backend, so hopefully your patch will
be implemented shortly, and Karsten can see if there's a more general
solution to cover the no-feeder situation.

On the coloured lines question, Karsten requested a SCSI trace of a scan, to
capture the actual data being transferred. I don't have access to a SCSI
probe / analyser, so I can't help him debug the problem. Are you able to get
your hands on an analyser?

Alternatively, do you know a way to 'tap into' the /dev/sg driver? I tried
looking at /proc/scsi/sg/debug but that didn't get me much info. Perhaps I
need to recompile / set some environment variable, but I'm not sure where to
look for info on this.

Hopefully we'll all have perfect scans one day!

Thanks again
Mike Thomson
--
      \\|||//