[sane-devel] HP 63xx Scanner

Bob Sully rcs@malibyte.com
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:47:05 -0800 (PST)

I also have one of these (running in SCSI mode) under SANE 1.0.5.  Just
wondering if you guys got the XPA mode working yet...if so, I will update
to the latest version.

Thanks!

-- Bob --

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Juergen Sauer wrote:

> Hi!
> First, my HP 6350 works very fine in sane 1.0.6, good work !
>
> System Linux 2.4.13-xfs/glibc2.2.2, smp, enough cpus & ram.
>
> But there is a differnce in running this scanner as SCSI or USB.
>
> In the SCSI mode (my system requires an aditional SCSI card for wich is
> no slot free) scanning works like a relly fast charm. Preview (xsane) and
> scanning runs continuesly.
>
> In usb mode the preview and scanning runns like rrr-stop-rrr-stop... and
> so on. The scanner backend does not run the scanner in it's posibilities.
>
> IMHO this is not the matter of data-rate and bandwith, it comes up
> scanning small pics like slides etc.
>
> Any ideas ?
Bob Sully -- Malibyte Consulting, Simi Valley, CA, USA
rcs at malibyte dot com

On the 8th day, God said:  "Murphy, you're in charge."